We are all very excited about the Fun Run Friday. Please know that we are monitoring the weather closely and in the event of rain we will postpone the race and notify you right away. The safety of our children is always our #1 concern.
Fun Run is here! Remember that Friday March 16 is an early dismissal day (1:00) and all students are welcome to join the Fun Run which will take place after school from 1-3. The event will include music, running, popsicles and a whole lotta fun!
It is not too late to collect donations as fundraising will continue through next Friday 3/23 and the race for grand prizes and class dodge ball tournaments is on!
Manual pledge forms will also be collected at the Fun Run.
A few reminders and event day logistics:
1. If your child is not participating in the Fun Run they must be picked up at 1:00.
2. Kinder, TK and 1st graders participating in the event must be met at their classroom by an adult as usual and accompanied to the yard with their classes. If they participate in STAR they will be accompanied by class volunteers FROM THE CLASSROOM TO THE RACE and ALSO led to their grade level tent after the race for check-in with STAR. “
Kinder, TK and 1st graders participating in the event must be met at their classroom by an adult as usual and accompanied to the yard with their classes. If they participate in STAR, they will be accompanied by class parent
3. 2nd-5th graders will be met in the classrooms and led to the yard by class parent volunteers. If they participate in STAR they are to check in at their designated grade level tent after their race (and after they receive their popsicle).
4. Race day prizes earned as of yesterday (Wednesday), including t-shirts, will be handed out by class volunteers in classrooms prior to heading to the yard. We suggest you send your child in a long sleeve shirt that they can wear under their Fun Run t-shirt as it could be chilly.
5. Drama and Art are cancelled so that all students can participate in the Fun Run.
6. All parents are encouraged to come and cheer on their kids! If you cannot make it, please make arrangements for pick-up by 3:00.
If it rains on Friday the Fun Run will be postponed however it will still be a minimum day for instruction so children will need to be picked up as soon as possible after 1PM unless they go to STAR or YS.