Use the arts to share your personal Reflections on this year’s theme: I Matter Because…
Ready to Enter?? Here are the forms you need:
Student entries submitted to the national level go through two rounds of review by esteemed arts professionals across the country. During the evaluation process, judges will consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: (40 POINTS MAX) How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: (30 POINTS MAX)How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: (30 POINTS MAX)The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Judges strongly consider the interpretation of the Reflections theme during the evaluation process. It is suggested that students give their submissions a title that stands out and describes how the piece relates to the student’s personal interpretation of the theme. The following guiding questions can be useful when developing a title and artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/who was your inspiration?