2016-17 Communication Guidelines
Communication Guidelines help streamline PTA and school information in a recognizable and consistent format. This year, two PTA Board members each month will assist Event Leads as a point of contact and provide information, deadlines and guidance. The PTA Board monthly assignment schedule is available here (create doc after July Board meeting).
With the help of the PTA Board members assigned, Event leads share event information with the Communication Team via the Communication Submissions Form to be included in Communication platforms (see below). Please send attachments directly to email@example.com once the Submission form has been completed.
When creating your Event message, please keep the following in mind:
Who you are speaking to
What you want heard
How memorable is your message
What is the call to action
Where to go for more info and contacts
Below you will find Communication platform descriptions and requirements to help make your event successful.
The PTA page lists all Events and Fundraisers held throughout the year. By providing complete information to Communications, your event synopsis will be included.
A separate page will be created to house your event details and messages. This page will also be linked to messages featured on the other communication platforms. Please note: Submit your information one month before the event. Please make sure the following are included:
- A graphic, image or flyer jpeg (2-3 mb range).
- If you already have a graphic, image or flyer jpeg, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure Dixie branding is included. Please see below Flyers note.
- If you need a graphic, image or flyer jpeg created, please email your request to email@example.com with the specifics and concept. Once created, it will be sent to you for review before it is included on your event page or any of the electronic platforms.
- If you need volunteers, please let us know so we will connect you with the Volunteer Coordinator. Links for volunteer sign up should be included for the website.
- If your event requires RSVP, the link (to Event Brite or another app) should also be included (see below).
The weekly Sunday Eblast is a snapshot of events of the week.
- Please keep your messages concise and under 20 words. A graphic will help visual promotion. eBlast posts are linked to event website page for more information.
- If your event is more than one day, please prepare short messages to be included. These are due the Thursday prior to the Sunday eBlast.
- If you would like the Comm Team to create eBlast messages based on the information you provide, please indicate this on the Communication Submissions Form.
When you submit your Event details, please indicate if you also want your Event posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Please provide a concise message, maximum 140 characters.
- Graphics also provide maximum clicks.
- If you would like the Comm Team to create social messages messages based on the information you provide, please indicate this on the Communication Submissions Form.
All flyers (anything being posted on campus or in the community) must be approved by the Principal and the PTA Board.
- If you already have a flyer created, please submit a jpeg (2-3mb range) to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure Dixie branding is included.
- If you need a graphic, image or flyer jpeg created, please email your request to email@example.com with the specifics and concept. Once created, it will be sent to you for review before it is included on your event page. When the flyer is finalized, Communications will send a copy to the Principal and PTA Board for approval.
SPECIAL NOTE: Flyer copies and distribution are the responsibility of the Event lead. We suggest that approved flyers are distributed to the Teacher boxes the Wednesday before the week of your event. Be sure to confirm your event budget with PTA Treasurer, Michele Steinberg firstname.lastname@example.org to making copies.
Events requiring RSVP
If your event has a limited capacity or require a head count, we suggest Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/ . Please forward your event link to be added to Communication platforms to email@example.com
Depending on your event needs, the Volunteer Coordinator can help gather volunteers.
- Signup genius is used for Events that need volunteers for short amounts of time (generally an hour or two). Please provide:
- A brief description of volunteer needs
- How many people are needed per day and the hourly shifts
- A contact person to coordinate with
Event leads are welcome to use another online volunteer application, please provide the link to your event to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that this information is helpful to you in planning and executing the promotion of your Dixie Event.
Thank you for volunteering!