Join the Dixie PTA team!
Contact Victoria Goodman, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about OPEN Volunteer positions.
- Campus Improvement, Lead: OPEN – This committee attends to the overall aesthetics of the campus including landscaping, getting donations of trees or shrubs, planting, watering, painting murals and enhancing the playground.
- Dixie Community Partners, Lead: Michele Steinberg, Treasurer, email@example.com – Promoting Ralphs, Amazon.smile and Box Tops for Education throughout the year, maintaining relationships and accounting for donations.
- Corporate Sponsorship, Leads: Matthew Spain firstname.lastname@example.org – Interfacing with businesses that would like to donate, support the school, and increase their visibility among the Dixie community.
- Dixie Wear, Lead: OPEN – description coming soon!
- Emergency Kits, Lead: Coralyn Peirson email@example.com will train a new volunteer (OPEN) for 2017-18 – Fulfills the order, labels the earthquake kit with students name, class number, teacher, grade.
- Kinder Play Dates, Lead: OPEN 2017-18 – description coming soon!
- Prospective Parent Tours Lead: Nicole Polido firstname.lastname@example.org committee is comprised of volunteers that provide monthly prospective parent tours.
- PTA Membership, Lead: Lydia Silva email@example.com – – description coming soon!
- Stop, Drop and Go, Lead: Shelly Guilley firstname.lastname@example.org – Coordinates classroom SD&Go schedule and sends reminders to Room Parents.
- Yearbook, Lead: Joy Hogley email@example.com – – description coming soon!
- Spring Auction, Lead: OPEN firstname.lastname@example.org – Leads the Committee in preparation, planning and execution of Dixie’s biggest Spring fundraiser.
- Annual Giving Campaign, Lead: Anne Ruane email@example.com and Gena Ray firstname.lastname@example.org – Assist with AG table set up and staffing during campaigns and Dixie events as needed.
Assist with organizing and supervising 5-6 after school tile painting sessions during the school year, including sign ups (via “sign up genius”) and tracking completed donor tiles.
- Artwork Fundraiser, Lead: Ms. Barbro – – description coming soon!
- Dixie Dinners: Restaurant Nights, Lead: Shana Ballas email@example.com – Maintains and fosters relationships with restaurants in the community. Books restaurant nights and food donation for PTA meetings. Promotion and coordination of the restaurant nights. Assists with being the restaurant liaison for any PTA food requests or vendors. This committee makes sure that refreshments are set up and or clean up each of the PTA meetings. Includes picking up food or drinks for meetings.
- Holiday Boutique, Lead: Candice Colbert firstname.lastname@example.org – – description coming soon!
- Harvest Festival, Lead: Linda Hall email@example.com – – description coming soon!
- Spell-a-thon, Lead: Rachel Cox firstname.lastname@example.org – Leads a small committee for a school-wide spelling test in which parents collect pledges for each word spelled correctly. Includes creating/printing packets for students to bring home (along with teacher instructions), creating/printing tests for teachers to administer, collecting and grading tests, returning graded tests to students with instructions, collecting and tallying pledge money, and purchasing, awarding and coordinating the various prizes.
- Spring Scholastic Book Fair, Lead: OPEN – description coming soon!
- Magic Night, Lead: Hila Aron DixieDolphinSecretary@gmail.com and Karen Lonne email@example.com -Committee plans and coordinates event. Responsible for running concessions, ticket sales, registration and supervision of event.
- Movie Nights, Lead: OPEN — description coming soon!
- Parents Night Out, Leads: Shana Ballas and Michele Allen firstname.lastname@example.org – Organize and promote evening event for parents that coincides with back to school night. Select and book venue, set menu, negotiate pricing, manage ticket sales (including online), act as host at event, & handle billing
- Science Fair, Lead: Nick Peck email@example.com – description coming soon!
- Skateland, Lead: Andrea Spancer – description coming soon!
- Staff Appreciation Lunch, Lead: OPEN – Plans the Staff Appreciation spring luncheon and coordinates an end of year gift to all teachers and staff.
- Staff Appreciation Week, Lead: OPEN – Creates a list of suggestions for parents to show appreciation to Teachers and Staff all week; orders breakfast treats and coffee for the week.
- Communication – Writers for the weekly and special eBlasts; Social media posts: Facebook and Twitter; dixiecanyon.com updates and maintenance; provide information for campus bulletin boards; Graphic artists create of Posters & Flyers as needed
- Room Parent Coordinators, Shelly Guilley and Kim Hirsch firstname.lastname@example.org – Liase with classroom Room Parents, shares information and serves as point of contact for questions.
- 5th grade Liaison, Merridith Gonzales email@example.com – informs Comm Team of 5th grade events, issues and schedules.