What is Spell-a-thon?
Students Grade 1-5 take a spelling test and TK and Kinder students take a letter writing test.
Parents collect pledges (in any amount) for each word spelled (for Kinders: letter written) correctly. Donors may also give a flat rate donation.
Please keep these important dates and information in mind:
• Spellathon Kickoff assembly will be Friday, Sept. 28. Packets will go home with students this day.
• Tests will be taken AFTER SCHOOL on October 19th.
• Students are NOT required to fundraise to participate. If you wish to opt out of the experience, please let your teacher know.
• 2 parent volunteers needed for grades 1-5 classrooms to stay after school on the 19th to communicate with parents who may have forgotten the test was happening, and help bring completed tests to the office. If your classroom does not have a Room Parent yet, please let your teacher know.
• 2 parent volunteers needed for TK & Kinder classrooms to stay after school on October 20th as stated above and, in addition, to walk Kinders to their after school programs.
• After the graded tests are received back, please to turn in pledge money to the PTA box in the office (in the envelope that will be sent home with the graded test) to be collected each day. Please do not send pledge money with your child.
• All pledge money is due October 25th.
• Top award prizes will be announced at the October 26th assembly.
$25 or more – entered to Silly String Ms. Yniguez and Mr. Merkelson!
$45 or more – entered to go to Menchies with Ms. Yniguez!
$75 or more – entered to have a computer named after you!
$150 or more – entered to win a Nintendo Switch!
Top 3 Classrooms win Pizza Parties AND a voucher for the teacher to use on school supplies. 1st place $100 voucher, 2nd place $75 voucher, 3rd place $50 voucher.